Reading List: Online Social Networks October 11, 2007Posted by shahan in Uncategorized.
Tags: online social networks
I’m duplicating the list of papers required for the Online Social Networks course. I’m no longer in the course but will continue to follow the material. The presentation I prepared on the Measurement and Analysis of Online Social Networks Presentation by Mislove et al. is attached.
* The Structure and Function of Complex Networks, M. E. J. Newman. SIAM Review 45, 167-256 (2003).
* Analysis of Topological Characteristics of Huge Online Social Networking Services, Y-Y Ahn, S. Han, H. Kwak, S. Moon, and H. Jeong. World Wide Web 2007 (WWW ’07).
* Measurement and Analysis of Online Social Networks, A. Mislove, M. Marcon, K. P. Gummadi, P. Druschel, S. Bhattacharjee. Internet Measurement Conference (IMC) 2007.
* Exploiting Social Networks for Internet Search, A. Mislove, K. P. Gummadi, and P. Druschel. HotNets 2006.
* Identity and Search in Social Networks, D. J. Watts, P. S. Dodds, M. E. J. Newman. Science 269(5571), 2002.
* On Six Degrees of Separation in DBLP-DB and More, E. Elmacioglu and D. Lee. Sigmod Record 2005.
* A Survey and Comparison of Peer-to-Peer Overlay Network Schemes, E. K. Lua, J. Crowcroft, M. Pias, R. Sharma, S. Linn. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials 7(2005).
* SkipNet: A Scalable Overlay Network with Practical Locality Properties, N. J. A. Harvey, M. B. Jones, S. Saroiu, M. Theimer, A. Wolman. Usenix Symposium on Internet Technologies and Systems (USITS) 2003.
* The Impact of DHT Routing Geometry on Resilience and Proximity, K. P. Gummadi, R. Gummadi, S. D. Gribble, S. Ratnasamy, S. Shenker, I. Stoica. Sigcomm 2003.
* The Sybil Attack, J. R. Douceur, IPTPS 2002.
* Defending against Eclipse Attacks on Overlay Networks, A. Singh, M. Castro, P. Druschel, A. Rowstron. Sigops 2004.
* SybilGuard: Defending Against Sybil Attacks via Social Networks H. Yu, M. Kaminsky, P. B. Gibbons, A. Flaxman. Sigcomm 2006.
* Strength of Weak Ties, M. S. Granovetter. The American Journal of Sociology 1973.
* BubbleRap: Forwarding in small world DTNs in ever decreasing circles, P. Hui and J. Crowcroft. University of Cambridge Tech Report #UCAM-CL-TR-684 2007.
* Exploiting Social Interactions in Mobile Systems, A. G. Miklas, K. K. Gollu, K. K. W. Chan, S. Saroiu, K. P. Gummadi, E. de Lara. Ubicomp 2007.
* RE: Reliable Email, S. Garriss, M. Kaminsky, M. J. Freedman, B. Karp, D. Mazieres. Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI) 2006.
* Efficient Private Techniques for Verifying Social Proximity, M. J. Freedman and A. Nicolosi. IPTPS 2007.
* Separating key management from file system security, D. Mazieres, M. Kaminsky, M. F. Kaashoek, E. Witchel. Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP) 1999.
* Decentralized User Authentication in a Global File System., M. Kaminsky, G. Savvides, D. Mazieres, M. F. Kaashoek. Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP) 2003.
* HomeViews: Peer-to-Peer Middleware for Personal Data Sharing Applications, R. Geambasu, M. Balazinska, S. D. Gribble, and H. M. Levy. Sigmod 2007.